ART APPRECIATION >> ONE


today i bring you the first of (hopefully) many more arty posts, related to my newest and raddest hobby. after my first art class on tuesday night, i was so excited and overwhelmed that i couldn't sleep. i spent hours on the internet searching for beautiful pictures of what i would like to paint and hopefully hang in my house one day.

so to tell you more about the classes, it's three hours one night a week where i will be learning different techniques in painting with oil. we are only a handful of students and it is wonderful to experience inspiration in such a relaxed setting. my art teacher is a good friend of my mom and she does some amazing work. 

even though i will be painting mainly with oils, i am itching to give sketching a go too. i just adore the peter rabbit illustration above, which i found on tumblr the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment