EVER CHANGING

The new year is looming, and with it, the possibility of change. So much has happened for me this year, that I almost can't believe I managed to fit it all into one year. New surname, new city, new home, new business venture, new me.

Towards the end of 2013, I got together with a long-time friend and decided to start our very own creative styling and events company, Garniche Studio. We finally launched our website in July this year and got to work with some of the best in the industry. This was probably one of the most scary decisions I have ever made, but it is paying off big time and 2015 is looking to be an amazing year for the Garniche Studio team.

Just before ending 2013, the love of my life, Rick, proposed to me on a scorching hot day, at the serene boathouse at Babylonstoren, overlooking the magnificent mountains. It was magical. Rick and I tied the knot in November of this year, surrounded by the people we love.

The weeks leading up to the wedding was tough. Living in Joburg and planning a wedding in Ceres comes with its own bundle of complications, as you can imagine. But in the end, it was the most special day and everything worked out perfectly. We were blessed beyond measure and it is a wedding day we cannot hope to do better, even if we had the chance to go back and do it all over again.

In short, this year was juggling my full-time day-job at an insurance firm in Johannesburg, starting a new creative venture (after hours), planning our wedding, and setting up house all in one year. It has been a roller coaster to say the least, but with the dust settling, I breathe out a sigh of relief and am truly grateful that I got to marry the one person in this world that makes it all worth while.

I look forward to a quiet December, with Rick planning some DIY projects for our home and me getting my fingers dirty in our new herb garden. Oh, and me finally getting some time to rekindle this blog of mine.  New name and all.


Image credit: Marsel Roothman Photography | Styling: Garniche Studio | Make-up: Kreativ Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment